Microdermabrasion over the years has become a very popular treatment to a lot of skin conditions. It works by eliminating surface layers from the skin’s surface, to reveal alive, refreshed, radiant skin which can be buried under dead lifeless cells. By removing the upper layers the deeper layers are given the message to produce new living cells more rapidly.
It also helps with stimulating the skin by vacuum control which in turn quickens up the cell turnover rate to improve the cell migration process and to improve the skins elasticity and tone.
The benefits of Microdermabrasion are substantial
- Reduction of early aging fine lines
- Stimulation of skin for collagen & elastin production
- Scar revision
- Enhanced penetration of skincare products after treatment
- Overall rejuvenation of skin due to removal of dead cells
- No downtime
- May be performed during pregnancy
- Lower cost (compared to laser and plastic surgery)
- No anaesthetic required
- Fine lines and minor wrinkles
- Enlarged/Clogged pores
- Flaking and dry skin
- Excessive oiliness
- Minor scar reduction
- Acne and blemishes (post eruption)
Microdermabrasion can be used as an individual treatment or as part of a peel treatment to enhance results. Again for best results use as a series of 3-6 Microdermabrasion treatments 1-2 weeks apart.